IRCCS San Raffaele Pisana
IRCCS San Raffaele Pisana
Via della Pisana n. 235, 00163 Rome - Via di Val Cannuta n. 247, 00166 Rome Italy
Motor and sensory rehabilitation
Prof. Massimo Fini
The San Raffaele Pisana Rome Scientific Institute is specialised in Neurological, Neuromotor rehabilitation, Cardiological, Pneumological Rehabilitation, Diagnostics and Rehabilitation in Congenital and Developmental Disabilities.
Clinical laboratories, bio-imaging and out-patient offices provide important support to the clinic: laboratory of neurophysiopathology, gait analysis, laboratory for the study of posture and movement, laboratory of cardiac functionality, laboratory of audiology, phoniatric services, laboratory of respiratory functionality, laboratory of clinical pathology and advanced biotechnologies, occupational therapy and functional re-education, and a laboratory of robotics.
Furthermore, there is a Multidisciplinary Biobank and a Research Centre with common facilities and laboratories for translational research, such as: Microscopy core with advanced electron microscopies (SEM and TEM), Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology, Molecular and Cellular Pathology, Cellular Neurophysiology, Cardiovascular Endocrinology, Molecular and Cellular Immunology, Biochemistry of Aging, Molecular and Cellular Immunology, Experimental Neurophysiology and Synaptic Immunopathology.
Research lines of IRCCS San Raffaele Pisana are:
- Sensorial and motor rehabilitation in neurodegenerative diseases and in genetically determined or acquired neurological pathologies.
- Mechanisms of functional recovery in chronic disabling pathologies: analysis of outcome determinants.
- Innovative systems of prevention/control, promotion of health with a specific interest in telemedical systems and robotics in rehabilitation: implementation and validation of systems for tele-assistance of outpatients.
- Application of robotics in rehabilitation programs with extension of care in the community.
- Developmental disabilities and pediatric neuro-rehabilitation.
- Organization and management of disabilities, rehabilitative programs and risk management.
The approach of IRCCS San Raffaele Pisana in the Neurorehabilitation network is characterized by high efficiency and coordination among all professionals with highly specialized and innovative instrumentation, technologies and knowledge allowing their use, protocol sharing, results in a technology-based evaluation and treatment perspective, referring to guidelines and clinical recommendations.
The use of rehabilitative robotics and telerehabilitation allows delivery of excellence to patients’ bedside for objective standardization of interventions, personalization of strategies, multi-modality approaches and continuity of care.